Boxed cake mix. Long the help of busy moms everywhere. Did you know you can use cake mix for more than just cakes and cupcakes? That's right, you can use boxed cake mix to make the most soft and delicious cookies you have ever tried. And it literally cannot be any easier. How easy? I'm talking 4 ingredient easy. So head to the pantry, grab a box of cake mix and make these Confetti Cookies With Cake Mix. Be sure to also try these delicious Lemon Cake Mix Cookies and these Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies in the Air Fryer.
Why these funfetti cake mix cookies are awesome
- Just 4 ingredients!
- Cook up in 10-12 minutes
- These cookies come out soft and stay soft
- Funfetti Cake Mix (if you are using a 15.25 oz box of cake mix, you will also want to add ¼ cup of flour. If you are using a 16-18 oz box, no additional flour is necessary)
- Canola oil
How to make cookies out of cake mix
To make these funfetti cake cookies, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
Add cake mix, eggs, oil to a large bowl and mix to combine.
Add the sprinkles and mix until the ingredients are incorporated.
Drop rounded tablespoons of the cake batter cookies dough a few inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake the cake box cookies for 10-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven. The cookies will be soft when they come out of the oven, but as they cool, they will become more firm.
A few minutes after they come out of the oven you can move the confetti cookies with cake mix to a cooling rack to cool.
Aren't these funfetti cookies with cake mix so pretty and colorful? Well they taste even better than they look!
My favorite thing about these cookies with a cake mix is the fact they're super easy to make and taste amazing. If you like soft cookies, you will love these. Plus, with the variety of cake mixes out there, you can make so many different kinds.
Confetti Cookies With Cake Mix
- 1 box Funfetti Cake Mix If you are using a 15.25 oz box of cake mix, you will also want to add ¼ cup of flour. If you are using a 16-18 oz box, no additional flour is necessary
- ⅓ cup Canola oil
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tablespoon Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cake mix, eggs and oil to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the sprinkles and mix until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough a few inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cake box cookies for 10-12 minutes in a 350 degree oven. The cookies will be soft when they come out of the oven, but as they cool, they will become more firm.
- A few minutes after they come out of the oven, you can move the cookies to a cooling rack.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Seriously, the amount of cookies that you can make is endless - strawberry, lemon, pumpkin, chocolate fudge. You are limited only by the flavor of cake mix you use. Then you can add any number of mix-ins to make even more variations - nuts, raisins, m&ms, chocolate chips...
Sure! These cookies taste wonderful with cream cheese or vanilla frosting.
You can store these in an air tight container for up to five days. You can freeze them in between pieces of parchment paper for 2-3 months.
Sounds really good. I made cookies with tbe spice cake mix. They tasre really good also.
Patty at Spoonabilities
I would have never thought of using cake mix to bake cookies! What a great idea!
These are so easy to make and they look adorable too. Will be making these with the grandkids!
Great idea to make these from cake mix - would have never thought of that!