Are you loving the Weight Watchers Freestyle program? They expanded their list of 0 point foods to include beans and that has gone a long way to helping me feel satisfied and lose weight. I like to try and incorporate beans into a number of recipes since they are filling and good for me. I made a yummy 0 Point Chili in the Crock Pot in the past, and today I am sharing this Weight Watchers 3 Bean Salad.
Why you'll love this Weight Watchers Three Bean Salad
- At just 3 points per generous serving, this makes an excellent side dish for a lunch, dinner or BBQ.
- Super filling side dish
- Perfect to bring to picnics or potlucks
- red bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- red onion
- chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- Red kidney Beans
- Black Beans
- olive oil
- lime juice and zest
- salt and pepper
How to make a WW classic 3 bean salad
I just love how colorful all the beans in this salad look! Place the beans and the rest of the salad ingredients into a large bowl and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients - olive oil, lime juice and zest, salt and pepper, and chopped basil and mix. Save a sprig or fresh basil for garnish.
Pour the olive oil dressing onto the salad ingredients and stir until evenly coated.
This 3 Bean Salad is super easy to make and it is so good for you. Best of all, even friends and family who are not following Weight Watchers will enjoy the taste.
Weight Watchers 3 Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 can of Chick Peas drained and rinsed
- 1 can of Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can of Black Beans drained and rinsed
- For dressing:
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime juice and zest
- pinch salt and pepper
- ¼ cup basil chopped, to mix in dressing
- Place the beans and the rest of the salad ingredients into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, lime juice and zest, salt and pepper, and chopped basil and mix.
- Pour the olive oil dressing onto the salad ingredients and toss until evenly coated.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can serve it as a side dish to a dish like chicken or use it as a thick and chunky salsa and serve with tortilla chips.
You can store this salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Get your own Weight Loss Trackers
If you are following the Weight Watchers program, you will love these 100 Day Weight Loss Challenge printables. You will get printable Weight Loss Trackers to help you with your weight loss. This 100 day Weight Loss Challenge encourages you to stay on your diet program for 100 days. Each time you finish a day, you cross it off on the pounds tracker.