One of our favorite things to do as a family is bake banana bread. If you are looking for some game changing banana bread, try our Instant Pot Banana Bread. If you want to switch things up a little, try this Banana Nut Muffin Recipe. The are moist and extra tasty thanks to the walnuts. You'll love these warm out of the oven with a little butter. Yum!
Why you need to try this banana walnut muffin recipe
- Great way to use ripe bananas
- Much shorter baking time than banana bread
- Make a great breakfast or snack
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- brown sugar
- white sugar
How to make the best banana nut muffins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Mash 3 bananas with a fork in a large bowl. Kids love to help with this step.
You still want to leave some texture to the mashed bananas.
When the bananas are mashed, add in the sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla.
Mix with an electric mixer on low speed.
Fold in nuts with a spatula. Save a few chopped walnuts to sprinkle on top of the cupcake batter at the end.
Add dry ingredients from medium bowl to the wet ingredients and stir in with a spatula.
Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top of the batter.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
The nuts in these muffins really give them a great flavor in addition to providing some texture.
Banana Nut Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mash 3 bananas with a fork in a large bowl and when they are mashed, add in the sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Fold in ½ cup of nuts with a spatula. Save a few chopped walnuts to sprinkle on top of the muffin batter at the end.
- Add dry ingredients from medium bowl to the wet ingredients and stir in with a spatula.
- Pour batter into the cups of a greased muffin tin. You can also use cupcake liners if you wish. Divide batter among the 12 cups.
- Sprinkle remaining walnuts on top of the batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
We used walnuts for this batch of banana nut muffins, but pecans also are delicious!
You can use the same ingredients but pour the batter into a loaf pan instead and bake for 50 minutes at 375 degrees. Insert a toothpick in the center to check for doneness. This should make 2 loaves of banana nut bread depending on the size of the loaf pans used.
You can use pecans in place of walnuts. If you are looking to make these banana muffins nut free, simply leave out nuts altogether.
Make meal planning easy
Have you heard about Eat At Home Meal Plans? If the cost of eating out or the decision of what to make for dinner each night is stressing you out, then you must try these. When you sign up, you get access to four separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). All you do is print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for that month. Don’t worry, there are lots of options, so even picky eaters will find something they like.
Then when it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies).
That’s it! Dinner is on the table and you can enjoy a home cooked meal with the family – without the stress!
We all have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.