Where are all my banana bread lovers at? There are few things better than a warm piece of banana bread straight out of of the oven. Well, if you love banana bread, I have something that is just as good, if not better. That's right, I said better! This Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe is a fun twist on a traditional banana bread recipe. The addition of blueberries adds a sweetness and moistness to the banana bread that just hits the spot. If you are looking for more yummy bread recipes, check out our Gingerbread Loaf and our Instant Pot Banana Bread.
Why you need to make this blueberry banana bread
- Blueberries keep the bread moist and sweet
- A fun twist on traditional banana bread
- A great loaf to give as a gift
- Fresh Blueberries
- Vanilla Yogurt
- All purpose flour
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Soda
- Large eggs
- Vanilla Extract
How to make banana and blueberry bread
To make this blueberry bread, start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Then gather the ingredients you will need to make the bread.
In a large bowl add the bananas, yogurt, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and butter. Stir together with a spoon until well combined.
In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then add the flour mixture to the wet ingredient mixture and mix well together.
Before you add the blueberries to the batter, you will want to mix them in a bowl with about a tablespoon of flour. This will prevent the berries from sinking in the batter. Fold 1 ¼ Cup of blueberries into the batter and save ¼ cup of blueberries for the next step.
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter. Top with the remaining ¼ cup of blueberries.
Now it is time to bake your blueberry banana bread. Place the bread in the oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
When you remove the bread from the oven you can let it cool on a wire rack.
Isn't this banana and blueberry loaf just gorgeous? I can assure you, it tastes even better than it looks!
Slice the bread and serve with butter or alone. Either way, you can't lose! Now that we have made this moist blueberry banana bread recipe, my kids say they prefer it to plain banana bread. The blueberries add a moistness and flavor to this bread that can't be beat.
Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the bananas, yogurt, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and butter. Mix together with a spoon until well combined.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Toss the blueberries with about a tablespoon of flour. This will prevent the berries from sinking. Fold 1 ¼ Cup of blueberries into the batter, save ¼ cup of blueberries for the next step.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter. Top with the remaining ¼ cup of blueberries.
- Place in oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can store this bread in an airtight container on the counter for 4 days. You can store it in the same container in the refrigerator from up to 7 days.
Yes, you can use frozen blueberries. Do not thaw the blueberries. The batter might get a blue tint, but it will still be delicious!
Yes, this recipe makes delicious muffins. You will want to adjust the bake time to 25-30 minutes and check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.