If you are following a Keto or low carb diet, then you know that one of the hardest things to give up are baked goods. I know whenever I smell anything freshly baked, my cravings start. This Keto Low Carb Lemon Blueberry Bread will help satisfy those cravings for baked goods (specifically blueberry muffins) in a way that keeps you on program. The fresh lemon and blueberry flavors make this perfect to serve with a cup of tea or coffee for breakfast or even dessert.
Why this Keto Blueberry Lemon Bread is awesome
- Allows you to enjoy baked goods while staying on track
- Packed with blueberry flavor
- Only 15 minutes of prep time
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Lemon zest
- Erythritol (one of my favorite keto sweeteners)
- Heavy whipping cream
- Lemon juice
How to make low carb lemon blueberry bread
Before you make this lemon blueberry bread recipe, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and heavy whipping cream.
Add the melted butter after it has been cooled a bit. Beat the butter, cream and eggs for several minutes until combined.
In a separate mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, erythritol and lemon zest.
Mix these ingredients to combine.
Next, add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and beat just until combined.
Pour in 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and stir. Then, carefully fold in the blueberries.
Now your batter is ready. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan, and bake the bread for 30-45 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
You'll want to let this Keto Low Carb Lemon Blueberry Bread cool before you serve it. Once it is cool, is it easier to slice.
You can serve this bread warm with some butter or store it in the fridge in an airtight container.
This Keto Low Carb Lemon Blueberry Bread has a wonderful lemon and blueberry flavor that is just perfect. I like to save the blueberries on the bottom for last since they are just so good!
Keto Low Carb Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, heavy whipping cream and melted butter that has been cooled a bit. Beat for several minutes until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, erythritol and lemon zest. Mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and beat just until combined.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and stir.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan, and bake for 30-45 minutes until a knife inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool, slice and serve immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online an nutritional calculator. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
The bread can be stored at room temperature in a airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also store it, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
No. Unfortunetly, coconut flour will not work in this recipe.
Get your own Keto Trackers
To make sticking to a keto diet easier, check out these Keto Weight Loss Tracker Printables. It is a 100 day Keto Challenge to keep you motivated and on track.
Have you heard about Butcher Box?
They deliver 100% grass-fed beef; free-range organic chicken; heritage-breed pork, wild-caught seafood, and more directly to your door. Butcher Box brings you the healthiest, highest quality meat while causing as little harm as they can to the environment. They work directly with a group of family farms to get you the best meat out there. You choose your box and delivery frequency and get free shipping.
You could go around town looking for the best deal, but the quality of the meats and the sourcing won’t be the same. Check it out here and see if it’s for you