Who has time to make an elaborate breakfast every morning? Sure on weekends, I like to whip up some pancakes or fancy eggs, but during the week, I simply don't have the time. If you are too busy getting ready for work or getting the kids ready for school, then you can relate. These Breakfast Egg Muffins with Hash Browns will be a lifesaver to you! For more easy breakfasts, check out Easy Breakfast Ideas for Busy Moms.
Why these hash brown eggs cups make a great breakfast
What I love about these breakfast muffins is that you probably already have most of the ingredients that you need to make them at home.
By making them ahead of time and refrigerating or freezing them, you can have a yummy and filling breakfast any morning you desire!
- Shredded Hash Browns
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cooking Spray
How to make egg hash brown cups
Before you start, preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Then add hash browns, ½ cup of shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and paprika to a medium bowl and mix well.
Spray a 12 count muffin pan very well with the cooking oil spray. Divide the mixture in the bowl into each muffin tin and push down in the middle of each one to create a nest. This recipe will make 18 cups so you can do this in two batches or make one in a 12 count muffin pan and one in a 6 count muffin pan.
Place the hash brown crust in the oven for 20 minutes and then remove. Turn the oven down to 350 degrees.
In another medium sized bowl, add your eggs, milk, ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, and bacon. Mix this well.
Fill each hash brown nest with the egg mixture. Make sure to keep the egg mixture at the same level as the hash browns.
Place the breakfast egg muffins with hash browns back in oven and let them bake for another 15-17 minutes or until the eggs are set.
Remove them from the oven and let the hash brown egg cups cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Remove them from the muffin pan and garnish the eggs with parsley and additional salt & pepper if desired.
I love making a big batch of these and freezing them. Then, when I am having a busy morning I just grab a few from the freezer and pop them in the the microwave for 1-2 minutes. You can also make these and refrigerate them from 1-2 days before warming.
These Breakfast Egg Muffins with Hash Browns are a kid favorite! What can I say, they love food in cupcake form. My kids love them because they combine all of their favorite breakfast foods in one yummy package. Such an easy breakfast recipe to get your day started right!
Breakfast Egg Muffins with Hash Browns
- 26 oz bag of Hash Browns
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 5-6 Pieces Bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- Parsley optional
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, add the hash browns, ½ cup cheese, salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix well.
- Spray a muffin pan very well with the cooking oil spray. Divide mixture into each muffin tin and push down in the middle of each one to create a nest. Should make about 18.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes and take out. Turn the oven down to 350 degrees.
- In another medium size bowl, add the eggs, milk, ½ cup cheese, and bacon. Mix well.
- Fill each hash brown nest with the egg mixture. Place back in oven and cook for 15-17 minutes or until the eggs are set. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and garnish with parsley and additional salt & pepper if desired.
- *Makes 18.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can use chopped up ham, pork breakfast sausage or chicken sausage. Plant based sausage will also work if you are trying to keep this meatless.
After they cool, these egg muffins can be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.