For the breakfast-food lovers who just can't decide between pancakes and cupcakes, there are pancake mix cupcakes! These pancake mix muffins are quick, easy, and kids love them. They can be made ahead of time and frozen which makes this one of my favorite breakfast recipes.
Why these pancake muffins are awesome
- Pancakes in a muffin tin combine kids favorite breakfast foods - pancakes, sausage, syrup - in one handy treat!
- These sausage pancake muffins are great to take on the go for those busy mornings.
- You can make these pancake muffins with sausage ahead of time and freeze them.
This easy breakfast recipe was inspired by my Air Fryer Breakfast Pastry, another simple on-the-go meal.
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Sausage Links
- Cooking Spray
- Maple syrup
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make pancake mix muffins
Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or use cupcake liners. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, milk and eggs.
Fill the muffin tin with the pancake mix batter mixture. Pour the batter almost to the top of the muffin cup.
Cut up each of the sausage links into a few pieces and push several sausage pieces into the top of the pancake cupcakes.
Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with syrup & enjoy.
The morning hours are often a frantic blur for parents with young kids. But these easy pancake muffins can save the day.
Pancake Mix Muffins give you the same delicious flavor and same easy cooking method as pancakes, but in an even tastier, fluffier form.
One thing I love about this pancake muffin recipe is the fact that you can change it up in so many different ways.
- Bacon - Who doesn't love pancakes and bacon? Crumble up some bacon and sprinkle it on the pancake batter.
- Strawberries - Add chopped strawberries to the batter.
- Cinnamon sugar - Sprinkle a cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
- Blueberries - Fold some blueberries into the mixture for that blueberry pancake taste.
- Chocolate chips - Chocolate makes everything better!
Pancake Mix Cupcakes
- Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pancake Mix
- ⅔ cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 12 Sausage Links
- Syrup for dipping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pancake mix, milk and eggs.
- Fill the muffin tin with the batter.
- Cut up each of the sausage links into a few pieces and push several sausage pieces on top of the pancake cupcakes.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with syrup & enjoy.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutrition facts may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Store these pancake sausage muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Yes! The wonderful thing about these muffins from pancake mix is that they can be frozen. Wait until the muffins are cool and put them in a large zip top bag and place in freezer. Simply microwave muffins when ready to use.
Yes you do. You will just be using the powder from the mix and following the directions in this recipe.
How to make meal planning easy
Have you heard about Eat At Home Meal Plans? If the cost of eating out or the decision of what to make for dinner each night is stressing you out, then you must try these. When you sign up, you get access to four separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). All you do is print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for that month. Don't worry, there are lots of options, so even picky eaters will find something they like.
Then when it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies).
That's it! Dinner is on the table and you can enjoy a home cooked meal with the family – without the stress!
We all have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.