I love easy recipes and it really doesn't get much easier than cake mix cookies. With just a few ingredients, you can bake up soft and delicious cookies that taste like a whole lot of work went into them. These Christmas Cake Mix Peppermint Cookies make the perfect holiday treat just like these Chocolate Christmas Tree Pretzels. You can also try these Reindeer Cinnamon Rolls!
⭐Why This Recipe Works
- Only 4 ingredients like our Cake Mix Christmas Cookies with M&Ms.
- Cook up in just 10-12 minutes
- The peppermint chips really give these Christmas cookies the flavor of peppermint candy
- Yellow cake mix - the cake mix takes the place of the flour sugar and baking powder and makes this recipe so easy.
- Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips - add a refreshing peppermint flavor to the cookies, plus they help the cookies look super festive.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the yellow cake mix and canola oil to a large bowl.
STEP 2: Crack two eggs and add them to the bowl as well.
STEP 3: Stir the ingredients together until a dough forms.
STEP 4: Add in one cup of Andes peppermint chips to the dough and mix everything until thoroughly combined.
STEP 5: Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place the cookies a few inches apart on the baking sheet.
STEP 6: Use the additional ¼ cup of peppermint chips on top of the cookie dough. Sprinkle them on top and push them into the dough.
STEP 7: Bake the cake mix cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
STEP 8: When you remove them from the oven, let them cool on the pan for a few minutes.
STEP 9: Then, place the cookies on a cooling rack to cool.
This recipes makes 2 batches of cookies for a total of 24.
This dessert recipe would be perfect for a cookie exchange. Enjoy the wonderfully refreshing minty flavors of these cookies.
Kids will love helping out to make these cookies. I have long been a proponent of cooking with kids. There are so many things kids learn by helping out in the kitchen. We love Raddish which is a monthly subscription box for kids that is a cooking club, culinary lesson, and mealtime solution all in one.
Tip 1: To make sure you get uniform cookies, you can use a medium-sized cookie scoop.
Tip 2: For ease of cleanup, I love using a Silpat baking mat when I bake.
Typically, you add ½ cup of oil and 2 eggs to a box of cake mix. From there you can add other mix-ins, like chocolate chips.
You can store these cookies in an air tight container for up to five days.
You can finely chop pieces of Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Cake Mix Peppermint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the yellow cake mix and canola oil to a large bowl.
- Crack two eggs and add them to the bowl as well.
- Mix together until a dough forms.
- Add in one cup of Andes peppermint chips to the dough and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Use the additional ¼ cup of peppermint chips on the top of the cookie dough. Sprinkle them on top and push them into the dough.
- Bake the cake mix cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. When you remove them from the oven allow them to cool on the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookies on a cooling rack to cool.
- To make sure you get uniform cookies, you can use a medium-sized cookie scoop.
- For ease of cleanup, I love using a Silpat baking mat when I bake.
- This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.