I love easy recipes and it really doesn't get much easier than cake mix cookies. With just a few ingredients, you can bake up soft and delicious cookies that taste like a whole lot of work went into them. These Christmas Cake Mix Peppermint Cookies make the perfect holiday treat!
Why you'll love these cookies
- Only 4 ingredients
- Cook up in just 10-12 minutes
- The peppermint chips really give these Christmas cookies the flavor of peppermint candy
- Yellow cake mix
- Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
How to make Peppermint Cookies with Cake Mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the yellow cake mix and canola oil to a large bowl.
Crack two eggs and add them to the bowl as well.
Stir the ingredients together until a dough forms.
Add in one cup of Andes peppermint chips to the dough and mix everything until thoroughly combined.
You can also you a medium sized cookie scoop. Place the cookies a few inches apart on the baking sheet.
Use the additional ¼ cup of peppermint chips on the top of the cookie dough. Sprinkle them on top and push them into the dough.
Bake the cake mix cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
When you remove them from the oven, let them cool on the pan for a few minutes.
Then, place the cookies on a cooling rack to cool.
This recipes makes 2 batches of cookies for a total of 24.
This dessert recipe would be perfect for a cookie exchange.
Enjoy the wonderfully refreshing minty flavors of these cookies.
Cake Mix Peppermint Cookies
- 1 15.25 oz box yellow cake mix
- ⅓ cup canola oil vegetable oil works too
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Chips
- ¼ cup Andes Peppermint Chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the yellow cake mix and canola oil to a large bowl.
- Crack two eggs and add them to the bowl as well.
- Mix together until a dough forms.
- Add in one cup of Andes peppermint chips to the dough and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Use the additional ¼ cup of peppermint chips on the top of the cookie dough. Sprinkle them on top and push them into the dough.
- Bake the cake mix cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. When you remove them from the oven allow them to cool on the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookies on a cooling rack to cool.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Typically, you add ½ cup of oil and 2 eggs to a box of cake mix. From there you can add other mix-ins, like chocolate chips.
You can store these cookies in an air tight container for up to five days.
You can finely chop pieces of Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark.
Do you want to cook with your kids?
I have long been a proponent of cooking with kids. There are so many things kids learn helping out in the kitchen. Math, reading, chemistry, cooperation and more are used while following a recipe.
Raddish is a monthly subscription box for kids that is a cooking club, culinary lesson, and mealtime solution all-in-one. Young children get to work with an adult, while older kids and teens independently indulge their culinary curiosity! And it’s perfect for picky eaters — kids who cook, eat!
A new kit is delivered to your doorstep every month!
Each kit features a new culinary theme! You’ll also get a shopping list emailed to you prior to delivery so you will be ready to cook. These kits are a great way for kids to develop new cooking skills and confidence in the kitchen while the entire family builds memories together. Find out more here.