I love easy recipes and it really doesn't get much easier than cake mix cookies. With just a few ingredients, you can bake up soft and delicious cookies that taste like a whole lot of work went into them. These Christmas Cake Mix Peppermint Cookies make the perfect holiday treat!
⭐Why This Recipe Works
- Only 4 ingredients
- Cook up in just 10-12 minutes
- The peppermint chips really give these Christmas cookies the flavor of peppermint candy
- Yellow cake mix - the cake mix takes the place of the flour sugar and baking powder and makes this recipe so easy.
- Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips - add a refreshing peppermint flavor to the cookies, plus they help the cookies look super festive.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the yellow cake mix and canola oil to a large bowl.
STEP 2: Crack two eggs and add them to the bowl as well.
STEP 3: Stir the ingredients together until a dough forms.
STEP 4: Add in one cup of Andes peppermint chips to the dough and mix everything until thoroughly combined.
STEP 5: Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place the cookies a few inches apart on the baking sheet.
STEP 6: Use the additional ¼ cup of peppermint chips on top of the cookie dough. Sprinkle them on top and push them into the dough.
STEP 7: Bake the cake mix cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
STEP 8: When you remove them from the oven, let them cool on the pan for a few minutes.
STEP 9: Then, place the cookies on a cooling rack to cool.
This recipes makes 2 batches of cookies for a total of 24.
This dessert recipe would be perfect for a cookie exchange. Enjoy the wonderfully refreshing minty flavors of these cookies.
Kids will love helping out to make these cookies. I have long been a proponent of cooking with kids. There are so many things kids learn by helping out in the kitchen. We love Raddish which is a monthly subscription box for kids that is a cooking club, culinary lesson, and mealtime solution all in one.
Tip 1: To make sure you get uniform cookies, you can use a medium-sized cookie scoop.
Tip 2: For ease of cleanup, I love using a Silpat baking mat when I bake.
Typically, you add ½ cup of oil and 2 eggs to a box of cake mix. From there you can add other mix-ins, like chocolate chips.
You can store these cookies in an air tight container for up to five days.
You can finely chop pieces of Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Cake Mix Peppermint Cookies
- 1 15.25 oz box yellow cake mix
- ⅓ cup canola oil vegetable oil works too
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Chips
- ¼ cup Andes Peppermint Chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the yellow cake mix and canola oil to a large bowl.
- Crack two eggs and add them to the bowl as well.
- Mix together until a dough forms.
- Add in one cup of Andes peppermint chips to the dough and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Use the additional ¼ cup of peppermint chips on the top of the cookie dough. Sprinkle them on top and push them into the dough.
- Bake the cake mix cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. When you remove them from the oven allow them to cool on the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookies on a cooling rack to cool.
- To make sure you get uniform cookies, you can use a medium-sized cookie scoop.
- For ease of cleanup, I love using a Silpat baking mat when I bake.
- This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.