One of my favorite things about Christmas is cookie baking! Are you with me? Every year, I like to try a few new recipes. This recipe for Christmas Cake Mix Cookies is one of my favorites yet. It is so easy, needing just a few ingredients. No one will know it only took 15 minutes to make from start to finish because they taste SO good! If you like soft and chewy cookies, you must try these.
Why these Christmas cookies made with cake mix are awesome
- 15 minutes from start to finish
- Impressive Christmas cookies have never been easier.
- Perfect for cookie exchanges
How to make cake mix Christmas cookies
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the white cake mix, oil, vanilla, and two eggs. Mix until all the ingredients have been thoroughly combined.
You will be using a tablespoon to scoop out the cookie dough and roll it in powered sugar.
We made a variety of festive cake mix holiday cookies. Some of them green, some of them red, and some of them a mix of the two colors. For the multicolored cookie, simply roll a little of the red and green dough together. You don't want to mix it up so the colors combine. You still want to be able to see each distinct color.
Place the cookie dough on the parchment lined baking sheet a few inches apart. You should be able to fit 12 cookies per baking sheet.
Bake the Cake Mix Cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove the crinkle cookies from the oven and let the cookies cool on a cooling rack so they can set.
You can dust these with powdered sugar for a pretty presentation.
This cake mix cookie recipe makes soft and delicious cookies. It is very easy to add some holiday flavor to a box of white cake mix. Enjoy!
Christmas Cake Mix Cookies
- White cake mix 15.25 oz
- ⅓ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the white cake mix, oil, vanilla and two eggs. Mix until all the ingredients have been thoroughly combined.
- Divide the dough into two bowls and use food coloring to dye the dough in one bowl green and the dough in the other bowl red.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out the cookie dough and roll it in powered sugar.
- For a multicolored cookie, simply roll a little of the red and green dough together. You don't want to mix it up so the colors combine. You still want to be able to see each distinct color.
- Place the cookie dough on the parchment lined baking sheet a few inches apart. You should be able to fit 12 cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool on a cooling rack so they can set.You can dust these with powdered sugar.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can add more food coloring, but adding too much can mess with the consistency of the cookie mix. Try using food coloring gel which will produce a deeper color.
You can store these in an air tight container for up to five days.
You can freeze them in between pieces of parchment paper for 2-3 months.
Looking for easy meal plans?
Everyone is meal planning these days. While I love the results of not having to worry what’s for dinner, it can be time consuming. But when you sign up for Eat At Home Meal Plans you get access to 4 separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). Just print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for the month. With so many options, even picky eaters will find something they love.
When dinner time rolls around, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies) and you are ready to go.
You are a busy mama and I know you have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.