Holiday baking is a tradition in our house. In fact, my kids ask me nearly every day if we can do some baking. But when it comes to the holidays, I know that time is short. There are lots of things going on and you can't really spend a lot of time baking up a complicated recipe. That's why I love these Easy Christmas Cookie Cake Bars. They are made using a supermarket shortcut, so they are perfect for this busy season. You might also love this Santa Hat Dessert and these Chocolate Christmas Tree Pretzels.
⭐Why This Recipe Works
These cookie bars could not be easier to make. They are great for when you are entertaining over the holidays or if your child's class is having a holiday party. These Christmas bars use a boxed cake mix as the base, which makes the recipe super simple. The cake mix replaces the flour and granulated sugar typically used in a recipe like this.
- Yellow Cake Mix - Replaces the flour, sugar and baking soda.
- Vanilla Pudding Mix - Adds moistness and helps with the structure of the bars.
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips - You can also use milk chocolate chips.
- Red & Green Chocolate Candies or M&M candy - Add festiveness and more chocolate flavor.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
STEP 3: Next, add the milk to the bowl.
STEP 4: Pour in the melted butter.
STEP 5: Mix the ingredients well. You can use a stand mixer or a handheld electric mixer. Then add the chocolate chips to the batter.
STEP 6: Add the red and green chocolate candies.
STEP 7: Mix all of the ingredients together until the candy and chocolate chips have been evenly distributed.
STEP 8: Fold the cookie dough into baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and bake at 300 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
STEP 9: Slice and serve.
Tip 1: Let the bars cool before slicing, so the heated chocolate does not spread.
Tip 2: For easier cleanup, line the pan with parchment paper.
You can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days. You can also freeze them by wrapping them in plastic wrap and placing in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Sure! Store-bought vanilla frosting works well. You can also use your favorite frosting recipe. If you are frosting these, add some festive Christmas sprinkles on top.
🎅Related Christmas Recipes
Christmas Cookie Cake Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour cake & pudding mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add 2 eggs.
- Pour in the butter & milk.
- Mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips & red & green chocolate candies.
- Mix well.
- Fold into a nonstick or silicon baking dish and cook at 300 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool before slicing so the heated chocolate does not spread.
- Serve & enjoy!