One of my favorite Christmas traditions is baking cookies with my kids. We typically host a cookie exchange for my daughter’s friends, so we are often baking up a storm. One of our favorite cookies to make are snickerdoodles. If you have ever had those yummy, cinnamon sugar treats then you know why. We love the flavor of maple and decided to add some to our traditional cookie recipe and the results were amazing! If you are looking for a cookie recipe for a holiday cookie exchange or just to gift to friends and neighbors, this Maple Snickerdoodles Cookie Recipe is it! You’ll also love our Easy Christmas Cookie Cake Bars.
MAPLE SNICKERDOODLES COOKIE RECIPE
HOW MANY MAPLE SNICKERDOODLES WILL THIS RECIPE MAKE?
This recipe will make 2 dozen cookies.
HOW DO I MAKE MAPLE SNICKERDOODLES?
Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the mixing bowl. In a stand mixer, cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add in the maple syrup, vanilla, and egg in with the butter and sugar mixture and beat until all of the ingredients are well combined.
In the large bowl sift the dry ingredients.
Slowly, a little at a time add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms. Cover the bowl and place the dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill.
After the dough has been chilled, scoop out the dough and roll it into 1 1/2 balls. Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar.
Place the cookie dough balls on the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies have cracked and the cookies are set.
If you are looking for a new cookie recipe to leave for Santa, try this one. A little elf told me he loves the flavor of maple!
Maple Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
We love the flavor of maple and decided to add some to our traditional snickerdoodle recipe and the results were amazing! This Maple Snickerdoodles Cookie Recipe is the perfect recipe for a holiday cookie exchange.
- Maple Snickerdoodles Ingredients:
- 3/4 C unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp salt
- Cinnamon Sugar Coating Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Prep cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the mixing bowl. Cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the maple syrup, vanilla, and egg in with the butter and sugar mixture.
- Beat until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- In the large bowl sift the dry ingredients.
- Slowly, a little at a time add these ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scoop out the dough into 1 1/2 balls.
- Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place the dough balls on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. (Or until the tops of the cookies have cracked and the cookies are set).
Eat At Home Meal Plans
Have you heard about Eat At Home Meal Plans? If the cost of eating out or the decision of what to make for dinner each night is stressing you out, then you must try these. When you sign up, you get access to four separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). All you do is print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for that month. Don’t worry, there are lots of options, so even picky eaters will find something they like.
Then when it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies).
That’s it! Dinner is on the table and you can enjoy a home cooked meal with the family – without the stress!
We all have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.
If you enjoyed this Maple Snickerdoodles Cookie Recipe, you’ll love: