- Mr. Cookie Baker by Monica Wellington (not required, but a lovely book!)
- ½ cup butter (slightly softened)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
We started off with a smaller bowl and soon realized the error of our ways as the mixer starting spraying bits of butter everywhere.
Grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper. Drop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
In Mr. Cookie Baker, the baker gets ready for the day at the bakery by baking cookies for his customers. My daughter had fun pretending to be the baker preparing for the day. She even tried to sell the cookies to her sisters. That did not fly!
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour the butter, white sugar and brown sugar into a large bowl and cream them together using a mixer.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix together.
- Then add the salt, baking soda, and flour and mix by hand until the dough forms. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper. Drop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- This recipe made 2 ½ dozen cookies.