These chocolate covered oreo cookies were, hands down, the most popular snack we had my kids' rainbow party. They got rave reviews from guests and were popular with me because they were so simple to make. That's my kind of party food!
You will need:
- 5 dozen Oreo Cookies
- 5 bags Candy Melts in different colors eye popping colors like red, green, purple, yellow and orange
- Melt the candy according to the package directions. I used about half the bag and was able to make roughly twelve rainbow oreo cookies with that.
- Remove your Oreo from the package and shake it and dust it off with your finger over a paper towel. Black Oreo crumbs will get in your candy if you skip this step and your cookies will not look as pretty. Dunk your Oreo cookie in the melted candy and make sure it is completely covered.
- I used a fork and spoon to fish out the covered Oreo. Then I held it on the fork and let the excess candy drip off. I also used the spoon to scrape some of the excess candy off the bottom of the fork.
- Place the coated cookie on a sheet of foil and wait for the candy to get hard. You can also place the cookies on a tray. Cookies will take between 15-20 minutes to harden.