Applesauce is one of favorite filling and healthy snacks. Ever since I found out how simple it is to make, I have stopped buying it at the store. This easy Instant Pot Applesauce Recipe is practically no work. You can spice and sweeten it as you wish, making this open to many variations. Only 5 ingredients needed to make the best applesauce ever!
This easy instant pot applesauce was inspired by my delicious Apple Muffins. I love finding new ways to cook with apples.
Why this homemade applesauce is awesome
- The perfect blend of sweetness and tartness
- It is so easy to pressure cook applesauce - no watching and waiting as it cooks on the stove
- Kids will love the flavors in this easy applesauce
- apples -there are so many varieties of apples and the ones you use will change the taste of the applesauce. See our FAQs below for apple recommendations.
- water - adds some moisture and helps the pressure cooker to cook the apples.
- brown sugar - adds a touch of sweetness. You can leave out if you prefer unsweetened apple sauce.
- lemon juice - adds a bit of tartness
- cinnamon - apples and cinnamon just go together!
How to make Applesauce Instant Pot
Maybe you have made homemade applesauce before. It is a great way to use up apples when you find you have extra, but not enough time to use them all. But, if you have never made applesauce in the Instant Pot before, you have no idea how easy the whole process can be.
Place the apple slices, water, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon into the Instant Pot. Stir to combine. Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
Do a natural release and mash up the apples with a potato masher until they reach your desired consistency.
If the applesauce is too thick, you can always stir in some water, a little at a time, to make it less chunky. It all depends on your personal taste and what kind of texture you prefer in your apple sauce. I prefer a thicker applesauce.
I like to sprinkle some additional cinnamon on top of the applesauce. You can use ground cinnamon or grate fresh cinnamon from a cinnamon stick. You can even squeeze a bit of honey on it if you'd like.
This applesauce is wonderful when it is still warm. It also make a fabulous topping for vanilla ice cream.
Instant Pot Applesauce
- 10 apples peeled, cored, and sliced (we used Fuji apples, but other varieties will work as well)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the apple slices, water, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon into the Instant Pot. Stir to combine. Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Do a natural release and mash up the apples with a potato masher until they reach your desired consistency.
- Store in the refrigerator.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
It is simple to make applesauce without sugar. Simply omit the sugar from this recipe and enjoy the natural sweetness of the apples.
What I love about this pressure cooker Applesauce is that you can use many different varieties of apples. Both sweet and tart apples (or a combination of both) will work. Our favorites to use are golden delicious, honeycrisp, pink lady, granny smith, jonagold, gala or Fuji. We used Fuji apples in this recipe.
You can store any remaining applesauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 7 days.