I don't know about you, but at our house we eat cereal almost every day for breakfast. You might say we are in a breakfast rut. Looking to breakout, I decided to try a fun recipe with the kids. This 4 Ingredient Waffle Breakfast Sandwich is easy to make and so tasty! I love having a warm breakfast in my belly to start the day. Be sure to also check out this Air Fryer Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich.
Why this waffle sandwich is awesome
The key to this waffle breakfast sandwich isn't actually waffles. I know, shocking. There are no waffles in the recipe. The "bread" portion of this recipe is made with canned jumbo sized biscuits, which makes this breakfast so easy to make. I should mention that my kids love helping me make this recipe. If you plan to make this with kids, just be sure to supervise them with the waffle iron.
• 1 Can Jumbo Sized Biscuits
• Shredded cheddar cheese
• Scrambled eggs
How to make a breakfast sandwich using a waffle maker
This recipe will make 4 breakfast sandwiches. To make this waffle egg sandwich you'll want to pre-heat your waffle iron.
While the iron is heating, make some scrambled eggs.
When the eggs are ready, spray the waffle iron with cooking spray.
Remove a biscuit from the tube and slightly flatten it. Place a biscuit in the waffle iron and top with ¼ of the scrambled eggs, 1 slice of ham and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese.
Place a slightly flattened biscuit on top and close waffle iron.
Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the biscuits are fully cooked through.
That's it! That is how easy it is to make a tasty breakfast sandwich. Now I don't have any more excuses for not making a hot breakfast.
Waffle Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 can Jumbo sized biscuits (16.3 oz)
- Cooking Spray
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 8 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese 2 tablespoon per sandwich
- 4 slices of deli ham
- Pre-heat your waffle iron.
- While the iron is heating, make some scrambled eggs.
- When the eggs are ready, spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Remove a biscuit from the tube and slightly flatten it.
- Place a biscuit in the waffle iron and top ¼ of the scrambled eggs, 1 slice of ham and 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place a slightly flattened biscuit on top and close waffle iron.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the biscuits are fully cooked through.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You sure can, but why would you when this recipe is so easy? If you still want to, this is my favorite recipe: Waffle Breakfast Sandwich with Peppered Maple Bacon from Modern Farmhouse Eats. You can also make this recipe using frozen waffles.
You can used cooked bacon or cooked breakfast sausage patties.
No! You can make this anytime. Sometimes I will make it for lunch or for a late night snack.