Once you try these Baked Cinnamon Donuts, you'll realize that you don't need to fry donuts at all or buy them at a bakery. You'll also love these Baked Mini Donuts.
⭐Why this recipe works
Making these donuts from scratch allows me the chance to skip the frying and bake them instead. If you have never tried baked donuts, you're in for a surprise.
This is a great recipe to make with kids as they can help with many of the steps and they adore the finished product!
Plus, cooking with kids provides lots of opportunities for measuring, counting and improving language skills, not to mention bonding.
- cinnamon - a little goes a long way! The cinnamon adds flavor and color to the baked donuts.
- butter - I use salted butter, but you can use non-salted butter if you prefer.
- milk - You can use whole or 2% milk for a lighter donut.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: To make these homemade cinnamon donuts, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
STEP 2: In a medium bowl, stir flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together.
STEP 3: In a large bowl, cream softened butter and sugar together using an electric mixer and then beat in egg.
STEP 4: Add milk and vanilla to the large bowl with the wet ingredients, then add the flour mixture, mixing until batter is thoroughly combined.
STEP 5: Spoon into a greased doughnut pan.
STEP 6: Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven.
STEP 7: While donuts are baking, you can make your cinnamon sugar mixture, by mixing ⅓ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
STEP 8: While the donuts are still warm, dip in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar
Tip 1: You'll want to coat the donuts in the cinnamon sugar while they are still warm since it helps the sugar to stick on the donut.
Tip 2: My favorite way to eat these baked cinnamon donuts is while they are still warm. If you plan to let them cool a bit, you can place them on a wire rack.
For more resources on cooking with kids, check out Raddish kids cooking club.
I would be lying if I said they taste exactly the same, but they are an excellent alternative. They are delicious and a bit better for you because they aren't fried.
There are some great alternatives to donut pans discussed here.
🍩Related Donut Recipes
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Baked Cinnamon Donuts
- ⅔ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon for batter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons softened butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- baking spray
- For coating mix in a large bowl or plate
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream softened butter and sugar together and beat in egg.
- Add milk and vanilla to large bowl with butter, then add the flour mixture, mixing until batter is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon into a greased donut pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven.
- While donuts are still warm, dip in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- You'll want to coat the donuts in the cinnamon sugar while they are still warm since it helps the sugar to stick on the donut.
- My favorite way to eat these baked cinnamon donuts is while they are still warm. If you plan to let them cool a bit, you can place them on a wire rack.
What can you use if you don't have a donut pan? Can you shape them into donuts or is the mixture too liquid
Oh yum! My daughters would love these for breakfast!!
Krystal // The Krystal Diaries
I love cinnamon donuts! These look so good and I need to try making them.
Oh my gosh those looks so good! I need to make these one weekend at home. The kids would love them.
Heather @ Country Life, City Wife
Those look SO good. I always get the cinnamon donuts from a restaurant we sometimes visit here (true story). Pinning this!
These look so delicious. I love anything with cinnamon. It's always messy to cook with my kids too!
Oh my god I LOVE cinnamon doughnuts - and I totally didn't realise they are so easy to make at home. Plans for the weekend sorted:) x
Growing up I didn't know you could make donuts either! These sound delicious and baked is so much better than fried!
This would make an awesome after school snack for the kids! It's fun to make it with them as well. I'm sure it tastes amazing!
I love the idea of a baked donut, I have some kiddos who are super into baking right now and they would love those.
OMG I bet my 3yo would love to help me make these! They look so yummy!
I want to make baked donuts so much! I asked for the pan for Christmas but didn't get it. May have to buy it for myself.
I would eat 17 of those at one time....after I licked all the cinnamon off of course 😉 They look amazing.
I love using Bounty! This would be a great recipe to make with my kids! They love donuts and it'll be fun to make at home!
Kindness in Demand
Love that these are baked. I've never tried a baked doughnut recipe but I'm excited to try!