Once you try these Baked Cinnamon Donuts, you'll realize that you don't need to fry donuts at all or buy them at a bakery. You'll also love these Baked Mini Donuts.
⭐Why this recipe works
Making these donuts from scratch allows me the chance to skip the frying and bake them instead. If you have never tried baked donuts, you're in for a surprise.
This is a great recipe to make with kids as they can help with many of the steps and they adore the finished product!
Plus, cooking with kids provides lots of opportunities for measuring, counting and improving language skills, not to mention bonding.
- cinnamon - a little goes a long way! The cinnamon adds flavor and color to the baked donuts.
- butter - I use salted butter, but you can use non-salted butter if you prefer.
- milk - You can use whole or 2% milk for a lighter donut.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: To make these homemade cinnamon donuts, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
STEP 2: In a medium bowl, stir flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together.
STEP 4: Add milk and vanilla to the large bowl with the wet ingredients, then add the flour mixture, mixing until batter is thoroughly combined.
STEP 5: Spoon into a greased doughnut pan.
STEP 6: Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven.
STEP 7: While donuts are baking, you can make your cinnamon sugar mixture, by mixing ⅓ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
STEP 8: While the donuts are still warm, dip in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar
Tip 1: You'll want to coat the donuts in the cinnamon sugar while they are still warm since it helps the sugar to stick on the donut.
Tip 2: My favorite way to eat these baked cinnamon donuts is while they are still warm. If you plan to let them cool a bit, you can place them on a wire rack.
For more resources on cooking with kids, check out Raddish kids cooking club.
I would be lying if I said they taste exactly the same, but they are an excellent alternative. They are delicious and a bit better for you because they aren't fried.
There are some great alternatives to donut pans discussed here.
🍩Related Donut Recipes
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes!
Baked Cinnamon Donuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream softened butter and sugar together and beat in egg.
- Add milk and vanilla to large bowl with butter, then add the flour mixture, mixing until batter is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon into a greased donut pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes and remove from oven.
- While donuts are still warm, dip in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- You'll want to coat the donuts in the cinnamon sugar while they are still warm since it helps the sugar to stick on the donut.
- My favorite way to eat these baked cinnamon donuts is while they are still warm. If you plan to let them cool a bit, you can place them on a wire rack.