Who doesn't love pizza? This easy one pot meal combines the favorite flavors of pizza with pasta in this tasty Italian dish. The kids will love this easy One Pot Pizza Pasta Casserole recipe. It’s bursting with delicious pizza and sausage flavor and is extra cheesy. You'll also love our Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta and our Instant Pot Creamy Sausage Pasta.
Why you'll love this pizza casserole recipe
- Pizza pasta casserole is a fun new way of using pizza ingredients.
- One pot means minimal clean up
- Use all your favorite pizza toppings in this dish
- rotini pasta
- pasta sauce
- yellow onion
- pepper rings
- mozzarella cheese
- slices pepperoni
- ground sausage
How to make pizza pasta bake
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Boil pasta according to directions.
Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
In a large oven safe pan, brown the Italian sausage on medium-high heat. Break the sausage apart as it cooks.
When the sausage is brown, remove it from the skillet and allow it to drain on a paper towel.
Add the onions and mushrooms to the skillet and saute them on medium heat.
Add the sausage back into the skillet.
Now, add the marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce and the cheese. I prefer to use marinara sauce because I prefer a thicker sauce with chunks of tomato.
Stir all of the ingredients together.
Add the pepper rings to the mixture and stir.
Add the cooked pasta and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated.
Top the skillet contents with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Next, add the pepperoni on top.
Place the skillet into the 375 degree stove and allow to bake until the cheese is melted.
Carefully remove the pizza casserole with pasta from the oven using multiple potholders. Serve the one pot pizza pasta casserole immediately. For extra cheesiness, you can even sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top.
This skillet pizza pasta combines pasta, pizza toppings and cheese for a quick and easy dinner. When I want more easy dinners I turn to Eat At Home Meal Plans which are a time and money saver!
One Pot Pizza Pasta Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil pasta according to directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet brown the sausage. Break the sausage apart as it cooks.
- When the sausage is brown, remove it from the skillet and allow it to drain on a paper towel.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to the skillet and saute them, then add the sausage back into the skillet.
- Now, add the pasta sauce and ½ a cup of cheese.
- Add pepper rings and stir.
- Add the pasta and stir.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Place the skillet into the stove and allow to bake until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
I used rotini pasta, but any kind of pasta will do. Penne pasta works well.
You can add olives, garlic, dried oregano, Italian seasoning, or red pepper flakes according to your tastes.
You can store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for 3 days.