My kids start school next week after a busy day of learning and playing, I know they will be arriving home hungry. So I have gone through the Mess For Less chronicles and pulled up some our favorite after school snacks. The kids enjoyed making these family friendly recipes with me almost as much as they loved eating them. Some of these work well in lunch boxes the next day too!
1. Soft Pretzels Recipe - It's the butter that makes these pretzels so yummy. No more trips to the mall for soft baked pretzels.
2. Chocolate Snowballs - These frozen treats will melt in your mouth. They make the perfect snack or dessert.
3. Muddy Buddies - A classic snack, these can be made ahead of time and served the next day. If they last that long.
4. Meringue Recipe - These are so much cheaper to make at home and you can make them in a variety of flavors and colors.
5. Mini S'mores Pie - What kid doesn't love S'mores? Here is a recipe that combines that s'more taste kids love with pie.
6. Frozen Yogurt Covered Berries - My kids had great fun making these berries on skewers. These will need to freeze overnight so they can prepare their snack for the next day.
7. Painting Popcorn - One of our favorite snacks! Well, it's actually a snack and art activity at the same time. Keep little hands busy painting and eating.
8- Cheese Cracker Recipes - Your kids may no longer want those store bought cheesy crackers once they try these.
9- Birthday Cake Popcorn - You don't have to be celebrating a birthday to enjoy birthday cake popcorn. As fun for kids to make as it is to eat.
10. Gluten Free Mini Donuts - If someone in the family is following a gluten free diet, these mini baked donuts will be an extra special treat.
What are your kids favorite after school snacks?
For more snack ideas check out: