Most mornings my breakfast consists of a bowl of cereal and a cup of tea. So a hot breakfast is always a treat for me. I rarely make it for myself, but when I have a breakfast meeting or potluck, I love to make a breakfast casserole. Who am I kiding? I love all casseroles especially this Sausage, Egg and Biscuit Breakfast Casserole. Today, I decided to try a Tater Tot Casserole. Tater tots, eggs, cheese…what’s not to love? Be sure to check out our other family friendly recipes.
This post contains affiliate links, so if you buy a linked item I get a small commission. For more information please read my disclosure.
You will be baking this easy breakfast casserole in a 9 x 13 casserole dish. My favorite casserole dish is this one by Anchor Hocking. I love it because it comes with a carrier so I can easily bring my breakfast casserole to gatherings or meetings.
Tater Tot Casserole
This dish starts with browned sausage that is cut and spread into a greased casserole dish.
Next, you’ll mix the milk, eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl and pour over the sausage in the casserole dish.
Next, add your cheese. If you will be serving this the next morning like I did, cover and refrigerate at this point. You will be performing the next steps in the morning.
Spread the tater tots on top of the cheese.
Add the remainder of the cheese on top and bake.
This tater tot casserole did not last long at my breakfast meeting. I was lucky to snatch up a piece and it was SO good. I will be making this again soon!
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole - Food Fun Friday
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 8 pieces
- 6 eggs
- 2 packages of 10 oz sausage links
- 1 cup milk
- 16 oz Tater tots
- 2½ cups shredded cheese (we used a cheddar and jack mix)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Brown sausage according to package directions and cut into bit sized pieces. Spread cooked and cut sausage onto greased casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together milk, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Cover the sausage in the casserole dish with the egg mixture.
- Cover with one cup of cheese.
- If you will be serving this the next morning, cover and refrigerate at this point.
- In the morning:
- Spread 16 oz of tater tots on top of the cheese.
- Add the remainder of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
Kids will enjoy helping to make this Tater Tot Casserole. If you love cooking with your kids, you’ll enjoy kidstir. When you sign up for kidstir your child will receive a monthly kit that will provide fun food adventures for them. You’ll get tasty recipes and fun new cooking tools that will spark a love of cooking in kids. This is such a great way to create memories with kids in the kitchen.
If you enjoyed this Tater Tot Casserole, you’ll love: