Looking for a breakfast recipe that you can make for a lazy weekend? Look no further than our delicious Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole. This hearty and satisfying casserole combines crispy Tater Tots, gooey cheddar cheese, savory bacon, and a fluffy egg mixture. It's the perfect way to start your day. Discover why this is one of our favorite Casserole Recipes!
- Casserole with Tater Tots
- Ingredients for Tater Tot Casserole
- How To Make Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Tips for Making a Breakfast Casserole with Tater Tots
- Can This Easy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole Recipe Be Made Ahead of Time?
- Can I Add Some Veggies to This Dish?
- How Do I Store This Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole?
- Can I Freeze This Breakfast Tater Tots Casserole?
- What Can I Make with Tater Tots?
- Casserole Essentials from Amazon
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes
- 📖 Recipe
Casserole with Tater Tots
This tater tot breakfast casserole recipe is convenient for feeding a crowd, making it perfect for breakfast, potlucks or a weekend brunch. It is a comforting, hearty meal that is easy to prepare.
Ingredients for Tater Tot Casserole
- Tater Tots - You do not need to thaw the tater tots. You can use frozen tater tots.
- Cheddar Cheese - Shredded. I used a cheddar jack blend. Sharp cheddar cheese works well also.
- Eggs - Use large eggs for this recipe.
- Milk - You can use whole milk or reduced-fat milk in this recipe.
- Bacon - Cook the bacon until it is crispy, then crumble it into small pieces.
- Onion Powder - Adds onion flavor.
- Garlic Powder - Provides a subtle garlic flavor.
- Cayenne Pepper - Adds a hint of heat.
- Salt and Pepper - To taste.
How To Make Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
This is such an easy dish to make because you can make it with simple ingredients that you probably already have at home like eggs, milk, cheese, bacon, and of course, tater tots. You start by whisking eggs, milk, and spices together.
But of course, no breakfast is complete without bacon so we are sure to add some to this meal. I like using precooked bacon since I only have to microwave it for a few minutes to get it nice and crisp.
The egg mixture gets poured over the bacon in a greased baking dish. Don't forget to add some cheese! If you are not a fan of cheddar, you can substitute it with your favorite type of shredded cheese.
The tater tots form the top layer of our easy casserole, along with a little more cheese for good measure.
After 35-40 minutes in the oven, you've got a golden, bubbly casserole that’s the talk of the table. Add some chopped green onions for garnish if you feel extra festive.
Serve this casserole warm and enjoy every bite!
Tips for Making a Breakfast Casserole with Tater Tots
Tip 1: Ensure a well-blended texture in your casserole by making sure the eggs are whisked well.
Tip 2: For those who don't eat bacon, you can swap it out with turkey or vegetarian bacon.
Can This Easy Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole Recipe Be Made Ahead of Time?
Yes, it can! You can prepare it the night before, cover it, and store it in the fridge. The next morning, preheat your oven and bake it as directed.
Can I Add Some Veggies to This Dish?
Absolutely! Some vegetables that go well in this recipe are diced bell peppers, mushrooms, and spinach. Sauté the veggies before adding them to the casserole.
How Do I Store This Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 to 4 days.
Can I Freeze This Breakfast Tater Tots Casserole?
This casserole freezes beautifully. When the casserole has cooled completely, slice it into individual portions and place in zip-top bags. When you're ready to use it, thaw it in the fridge overnight and then reheat in the oven at the same temperature originally used for baking.
What Can I Make with Tater Tots?
- Loaded Tater Tot Casserole
- Hamburger Tater Tot Casserole
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Tater Tot Breakfast Pizza from Crystal and Co.
Casserole Essentials from Amazon
Amazon offers a range of casserole-related products that make cooking easier. Whether you are looking for a casserole dish with a lid, a casserole carrier, or even spatulas, Amazon has an extensive collection. Here are some of my favorite casserole products.
8-Piece Deep Glass Baking Dish Set with Plastic lids,Rectangular Glass Bakeware Set with Lids, Baking Pans for Lasagna, Leftovers, Cooking, Kitchen, Freezer-to-Oven and Dishwasher, GraySilicone Spatula Set of 5,High Temperature Resistant, Food Grade Silicone, Dishwasher Safe, for Baking, Cooking (Aqua Green)Silicone Spatula Turner Set of 3, Beijiyi 600°F Heat Resistant Cooking Spatulas for Nonstick Cookware, Large Flexible Kitchen Utensils BPA Free Rubber Spatula Set for Egg, Pancake, Fish, BurgerGourmet Home Products 12 Piece Nested Polypropylene Mixing Bowl Food Storage Set with Lids - Outer Dusty GreenLe Regalo HW1236 Glass Casserole with Insulated Bag, Ideal for Picnic, Potluck, Hiking & Beach Trip-Retains Hot and Cold Temperature of Food, Overall13.75Shior Insulated Casserole Carrier 4 Hot or Cold Food - Double Decker, Expandable w/ Plates & Utensils Compartment - Waterproof Thermal Food Container for Potluck, Picnics, etc - 16x11x8 Inches - Gray
Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Crumble it and spread it on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Pour egg mixture over bacon in casserole dish, ensuring the bacon is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle one cup of cheese evenly over the egg mixture.
- Add the tater tots on top of the cheese, making sure to spread them out.
- Sprinkle remainder of cheese on top of the tater tots.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes, or until eggs have set and the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve while still warm.
- Whisk the eggs well to make sure they are evenly distributed throughout the casserole.
- If you don't eat bacon, you can substitute turkey or vegetarian bacon.