My kids are into unicorn everything! We have made more unicorn crafts than I can count, and I thought that it was time to try our hand at a unicorn treat. You're probably familiar with monkey bread, the doughy, sugary treat that is oh-so-good. It's easy and fun to add a unicorn twist to monkey bread. You can serve this at a unicorn birthday party or on a play date full of unicorn lovers. Enjoy our Unicorn Monkey Bread Recipe!
Why you'll love this Unicorn Monkey Bread Recipe
- 2 cans of biscuit dough
- unsalted sweet cream butter
- vanilla extract
- funfetti sprinkles
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
How to make this monkey bread recipe
To make this delicious unicorn monkey bread recipe, start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Then, spray your bundt pan with a good amount of cooking spray, and set aside.
Open the tube of biscuits and lay each biscuit out onto a cutting board.
Cut each biscuit into quarters.
Place the biscuit quarters into a large bowl and add one cup of the sprinkles onto the biscuits. Toss the biscuits with the sprinkles until they are evenly coated.
Roll each of the small pieces of dough with the sprinkles until you have a bunch of sprinkle balls. These are my favorite sprinkles that are pastel colored.
Melt the butter in a small sauce pan. Add sugar and vanilla extract to the melted butter.
Place one layer of the dough balls into the greased tube pan, then pour one-third of the melted butter mixture over it.
Add another layer of dough balls and butter mixture and repeat this process until you have used them all. Bake the unicorn monkey bread for 30 to 35 minutes or until it turns golden brown on top.
If you are finding that the bread is browning too quickly, feel free to cover it with foil. Just make sure that the sugar granules melt completely.
While the monkey bread is baking, you can prepare the cream cheese glaze. Using a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth, light and fluffy. Mix in the milk and vanilla until combined and the frosting is smooth.
Scoop cream cheese into a piping bag with a round tip and set aside.
Remove monkey bread from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes before flipping it over onto a serving dish or serving platter. It should drop right out.
Pipe the cream cheese frosting onto the top of the monkey bread and decorate with the remaining sprinkles.
If you are looking for another great way to use your bundt pan, check out Chocolate Espresso Bundt Cake.
Unicorn Monkey Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Open the biscuits and lay each roll out onto a cutting board.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Place the biscuits into a large bowl and sprinkle 1 cup of the sprinkles onto the biscuits.
- Toss the biscuits with the sprinkles.
- Roll each biscuit quarter into a ball.
- Using a small sauce pan, melt the butter.
- Add in granulated sugar and vanilla extract.
- Place one layer of dough balls into Bundt pan, then pour one-third of the melted butter mixture over.
- Repeat this process until you have used all the dough and butter mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Cover with foil if the top browns too quickly. (You want to make sure the sugar granules melt completely).
- While monkey bread is baking, make the cream cheese glaze.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth, light and fluffy.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla until combined and smooth.
- Scoop cream cheese into the piping bag and set aside.
- Remove monkey bread from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before flipping over onto a serving tray.
- Pipe the cream cheese onto the monkey bread and sprinkle the remaining sprinkles all over.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutrition facts may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can reheat this for a 15 seconds in the microwave before eating.
You can serve this for a decadent breakfast or brunch. You can even enjoy it as a snack.