Pork chops are a classic dinner staple. I must admit, as a kid I came to dread having pork chops for dinner. They were dry and bland and just not very appetizing. Well these pork chops are none of that, thanks to the addition of apples and apple butter. Am I speaking your language yet? These pork chops and apple butter bring favorite fall flavors to life and smells divine when cooking. Check out how simple it is to make The Best Apple Butter Pork Chops. You'll also love these Easy Air Fryer Pork Chops.
Why this pork chop and apples recipe is awesome
- Apple pork chops are an easy one pan meal.
- Easy to make juicy pork chops that are so flavorful
- Apple butter helps to tenderize the pork.
- pork chops
- jar of apple butter
- packed brown sugar
- chili powder
- heavy cream
- Garlic Powder
- onion powder
How to make skillet pork chops with apples
Create a seasoning salt for the pork chops by combining ¼ teaspoon of each of the following ingredients: salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season both sides of each pork chop with the seasoned salt blend.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium/high heat in a large skillet. Add the seasoned pork chops and cook on each side for about 3 minutes. Then remove them from the pan and set them aside.
Slice and core each apple using an apple slicer. I leave the skin on, but you can also remove the skin after slicing.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet you used to cook the pork chops. Add the apple slices and stir and cook until they have softened a bit, about 5 minutes.
Pour in ¼ of the jar of apple butter, brown sugar, and chili powder. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
You can certainly use homemade apple butter, but I just buy a jar for a quick supermarket shortcut.
Add cream to the pork chop and apple mixture and stir. Bring everything to a light boil.
Return the pork chops to the bottom of the skillet and pour a few spoonfuls of the apple butter mix on top of the chops while they cook (about 3-4 minutes per side).
The apple and pork chops will smell amazing as they are cooking.
Serve the pork chops with the apple butter glaze spooned on top.
There you have it! Now you know how you make a tasty pork chop dish that is not dry. You'll just love the sweet flavor of this dish!
This apple butter pork chop recipe makes a great weeknight dinner since it cooks up pretty quickly.
My kids, who are pretty picky, love apple pork chop recipes because of the addition of the apples and the apple butter. Try it yourself and see if you don't agree.
If you are looking for help with meal planning, check out Eat At Home Meal Plans. I have saved so much time and money by using them!
Apple Butter Pork Chop Recipe
- 2 pork chops
- 2 fresh Apples
- ¼ jar of apple butter
- 3 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoon of packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ⅓ cup of heavy cream
- For Seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Season both sides of each pork chop with your seasoned salt blend.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the pork chops and cook each side for about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice and core each apple using an apple slicer.
- Using the same skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the apple slices and allow to cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in ¼ of the jar of apple butter, brown sugar, and chili powder. Stir to combine.
- Add in the cream and continue to stir. Bring to a light boil.
- Add the pork chops to the bottom of the skillet and pour a spoonful of the apple butter mix on top while it cooks (about 3-4 minutes per side)
- Serve hot with the apple mixture spooned over the pork.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
This is a wonderful recipe to make when fresh apples are in season. I like to use gala or fuji apples for this recipe, but I think granny smith would work as well.
You can do a vegetable like grilled asparagus, a side salad or mashed potatoes, or corn casserole.
Lauren Vavala | DeliciousLittleBites
I just made 6 cups of apple butter with no idea what I'm going to do with it all so this recipe could not have come at a better time! Going on the menu for next week!
What a wonderful idea to us apple butter. It looks delicious.
I wish I was having this for dinner! I love pork chops and apples together. That apple butter sauce looks incredible.
Oh my gosh, these sound amazing!! I've had pork chops with apples, but never with apple butter!
My husband loves pork chops! He will love this, can't wait to make it for him!