The BEST Funnel Cake Recipe
How to Make Funnel Cake Batter
Some funnel cake questions
Can I refrigerate funnel cake batter?
Can you freeze funnel cake?
Funnel Cake Recipe
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar for making the batter and more for dusting
- 4 cups of vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Heat oil to 375 degrees in a large skillet.
- While the oil is heating, beat the egg and milk together in one bowl and combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and powdered sugar in another bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until the batter is smooth.
- When the oil has reached 375 degrees, pour the batter into a funnel, holding your finger over the small opening.
- Hold the funnel with the batter over the oil and make a circle with your hand repeatedly to form the cake.
- Fry until the bottom has turned golden brown and turn over and fry the other side.
- When both sides are golden brown, remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Use a small strainer to shake powdered sugar over the funnel cake.
The nutritional info is showing a lot more fat and calories than are actually in the recipe because it uses 4 cups of oil for frying. Most of the oil is not absorbed.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Eat At Home Meal Plans
Have you heard about Eat At Home Meal Plans? If the cost of eating out or the decision of what to make for dinner each night is stressing you out, then you must try these. When you sign up, you get access to four separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). All you do is print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for that month. Don't worry, there are lots of options, so even picky eaters will find something they like.
Then when it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies).
That's it! Dinner is on the table and you can enjoy a home cooked meal with the family – without the stress!
We all have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.
If you liked this funnel cake recipe you'll love these other summer snacks: