Are you look for something easy to serve friends who come over to watch the game? This Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip is it! This creamy, cheesy dip is always a crowd pleaser. Seriously, it will disappear almost as soon as you put it out. It's got spinach and artichoke in it, which must make it healthy in some way. At least that is what I tell myself. If you are looking for more delicious dips, try this Beef and Bean Enchilada Dip.
Why you'll love this spinach artichoke dip recipe
If you like cheese, you will love this best spinach artichoke dip. It is loaded with four kinds of cheese! That is my kind of dip!
- garlic minced
- frozen spinach
- artichoke hearts
- cream cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- Gruyere cheese
- parmesan cheese
- sour cream
How to make spinach and artichoke dip
To make this dip, you will melt some butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Once the butter has melted, add the minced garlic, spinach, and chopped artichoke hearts. Heat the mixture for 2-3 minutes and then transfer it to a bowl.
Reduce the heat to low. Add the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, Gruyere cheese, and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir
Warm the cheeses until they are incorporated and creamy.
Next, add the spinach and artichoke mixture back to the skillet with the cheese mixture.
Then, add the sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and paprika to the skillet. Mix the ingredients well.
Transfer the mixture in the skillet to a greased, oven safe baking dish, and top with the remaining ½ cup of parmesan cheese. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
If you are really looking to take this spinach artichoke dip recipe to the next level, add an additional ½ cup each of mozzarella, Gruyere, and freshly shredded Parmesan cheese. This will make the dip extra creamy!
Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 12 oz. package of frozen spinach
- 15 oz. can of artichoke hearts chopped
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup of Gruyere cheese shredded
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese divided into ½ cups (use grated for a thicker consistency OR freshly shredded for a creamier consistency)
- 3 tablespoon of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Then add the garlic, spinach, and artichokes. Heat for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to a bowl.
- Reduce the heat to low. Warm and mix the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, Gruyere cheese, and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. Once the cheeses are incorporated and creamy, add the spinach mixture to the cheese.
- Add the sour cream, mayo, salt, pepper, and paprika, and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased, oven safe baking dish and top with the remaining ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping foods – crackers, veggies, chips. Tip: For extra creaminess, add an additional ½ cup each of mozzarella, Gruyere, and freshly shredded Parmesan.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, if using fresh spinach, use 14 oz of spinach instead of 12 oz.
Yes, you can substitute an equal of amount of grated Romano cheese. The flavor will work well in this artichoke spinach dip.
You'll want to serve this yummy spinach artichoke dip hot with your favorite dipping foods such as crackers, crostini, veggies, tortilla chips or pieces of French bread.
Beautiful pictures. This recipe looks like one i'm definitely making the next time I head to the grocery store. Thank you so much for sharing and making it look so easy!
Artichoke dip is so good, and this recipe looks amazing. A great lunch idea and perfect for a party dip.
I love making spinach artichoke dip during the holidays. It always reminds me of my mom because she made it each year. Great recipe!
Have to try this dip. Perfect for a party. Will do it soon.
Such a classic appetizer. Perfect for any party, tailgate and holiday entertaining.
Yum! I was just thinking about wanting to make spinach artichoke dip yesterday! I'm saving this recipe for the upcoming holiday season.