I love making smashed potatoes because they are just SO easy. No chopping up potatoes required. Simply cook and smash some red potatoes and add in yummy toppings. It doesn’t get much easier than that! These Bacon Cheddar Ranch Smashed Potatoes make the perfect side dish and cook up in just 30 minutes. Your family will ask for them again and again!
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Smashed Potatoes
How to make yummy smashed potatoes
Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Clean the potatoes and slice them in half.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and boil the potatoes until they are tender, about 10 minutes. Next, you will place the potato halves onto the baking sheet you prepped earlier. Using a potato masher, smash each potato flat.
Now it is time to make the yummy ranch butter for the potatoes. In a small bowl, combine butter and ranch dressing mix.
Pour the ranch butter mixture over the top of the smashed potatoes.
Bake the potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove them and sprinkle cheddar cheese and chopped bacon over the top. Feel free to add more if you really love cheese and bacon. Then place the potatoes back into the oven and bake them for another 5 minutes.
Let the potatoes cool slightly before serving. You can optionally serve these with chopped parsley or chives as a garnish.
I just can’t resist all that cheesy, bacony (is that a word?) goodness! Can you?
I love to serve these Bacon Cheddar Ranch Smashed Potatoes with a burger as a twist on traditional fries. But however you serve them, they are delicious!
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Smashed Potatoes
These bacon cheddar ranch smashed potatoes make the perfect side dish. How can you go wrong with bacon and cheese?
- 2 pounds red potatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- Parsley for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by greasing with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and boil potatoes until tender, around 10 minutes.
- Place potato halves on prepared baking sheet. Using a fork or potato masher, smash each potato flat.
- In a small bowl, combine butter and ranch dressing mix. Spread the butter mixture over the top of the smashed potatoes.
- Bake potatoes for 15 minutes, the remove from oven and sprinkle cheese and chopped bacon over the top. Place potatoes back into the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve with chopped parsley as a garnish (optional).
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Eat At Home Meal Plans
Have you heard about Eat At Home Meal Plans? If the cost of eating out or the decision of what to make for dinner each night is stressing you out, then you must try these. When you sign up, you get access to four separate meal plans each month (Traditional, Wholesome Traditional, Slow Cooker, and No Flour/No Sugar). All you do is print the plans, color-coded grocery lists, and recipes you want for that month. Don’t worry, there are lots of options, so even picky eaters will find something they like.
Then when it is time for dinner, make that night’s recipe (choices include make-ahead, freezer meals, slow-cooker recipes, and other time-saving strategies).
That’s it! Dinner is on the table and you can enjoy a home cooked meal with the family – without the stress!
We all have more important things to do than meal planning. Let someone else do it for you with Eat At Home Meal Plans. Monthly, quarterly and annual plans are available.
If you liked these Bacon Cheddar Ranch Smashed Potatoes, you’ll love: