These Cinnamon Sugar Wonton Crisps are the easiest snack you can make. If you are looking for a sweet, crunchy treat, look no further. The secret to these cinnamon sugar wonton crisps are wonton wrappers. That's right, those same wonton wrappers you can use to make wontons and dumplings. If you love cinnamon and sugar as much as I do, be sure to also try these 3 Ingredient Cinnamon Sugar Twists.
Why these cinnamon sugar wonton crisps are awesome
- Just three ingredients to make this delicious recipe
- No need for frying since these cook up nice and crisp in the oven
- These addictive chips are easy to make with store bought wontons
- Wonton wrappers cut in half
How to make wonton chips
I like to whip up a batch of these in the toaster oven since I can have them made in just about 10 minutes.
Preheat oven or toaster over to 350 degrees F.
Grab some wonton wrappers and slice them in half on a cutting board. I like to make pretty triangles, but you can cut them into rectangles or wonton strips as well.
Spray a sheet pan with cooking spray or cover it with parchment paper. Lay down the cut wontons in a single layer.
In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar until blended.
Give the top of the wontons a quick shot of cooking spray and sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture on top. Then pop the cookie sheet in a preheated oven and find something to do for the few minutes these need to crisp up.
These cinnamon sugar crisps cook up very quickly, so keep a close eye on them and remove them when they turn a golden brown. In my toaster oven the crisps that are situated in the back of the baking sheet cook quicker than those in the front. Those are a little extra crunchy but still delicious. You can set them to cool on wire racks.
These cinnamon sugar wonton crisps are great for satisfying your sweet tooth. If you are following the Weight Watchers plan, just use sugar substitute instead of sugar for a yummy snack. The wonton wrappers I use measure in at 4 points for 8 wonton wrappers which make 16 sweet and crunchy chips.
If you like these crisps, be sure to try Apple Cinnamon Sugar Crisps from Christie at Home for a different twist. These wontons have a yummy apple filling.
Cinnamon Sugar Wonton Crisps
- 48 Wonton wrappers cut in half
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 6 tablespoon Sugar
- Preheat toaster oven or conventional oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray tray with cooking spray and lay out cut wonton wrappers.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar until blended.
- Lightly spray the top of the wrappers with cooking spray and sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until they start to darken. Keep a close eye on the crisps because they burn quickly.
This nutrition information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
These would not turn out the same way in a microwave since it would not be able to crisp them up.
They make a great topping for vanilla ice cream. You can ever drizzle a little caramel sauce or the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.
Leave a Reply