This Crack Chicken Casserole is made with chicken, ranch dressing, gooey cheese and crisp bacon. You will be making it again and again whether you are on a keto diet or not. It is a delicious meal idea that if perfect for keto or low-carb diets, but it is also a recipe that the whole family loves. Since everyone loves the flavor of crack chicken, I decided to try to make a casserole version. You might also enjoy our Instant Pot Crack Chicken and our Keto Crack Chicken in the Crock Pot.
⭐Why You'll Love Keto Crack Chicken Casserole
- Can be made with chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken for simple meal prep
- Easy to customize - if you are not following a keto diet, add pasta or other variations
- A creamy, cheesy sauce that is just delicious!
- Chicken - you can use fresh chicken breasts, rotisserie chicken, or prepared chicken. strips...
- Bacon - adds a smoky flavor and a great crunch.
- Shredded Cheddar - you can also use a mix of Colby and jack cheeses.
- Eggs - help to bind the other ingredients.
- Sour cream - adds a tang to the sauce.
- Heavy cream - For an extra creamy casserole!
- Ranch dressing - adds a tangy, sweet flavor.
📋Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
STEP 2: Place 2 ½ cups of chopped chicken into the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
I love to order my chicken from ButcherBox where I get 100% grass-fed beef; free-range organic chicken; heritage-breed pork, wild-caught seafood, and more delivered.
STEP 3: Cook up your bacon and chop it up.
STEP 4: Sprinkle half of the cooked and chopped bacon on top of the chicken mixture. Then, sprinkle the diced onion on top of the bacon in the pan.
STEP 5: Next, add half of the shredded cheddar cheese.
STEP 6: In a large bowl, mix eggs, heavy cream, sour cream, and ranch dressing and pour the mixture over the chicken and bacon in the pan.
STEP 7: Top the casserole with the remainder of the cheese and bacon. If you like things extra cheesy, feel free to use a little more cheddar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
STEP 8: Bake this keto crack chicken casserole for 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Cover with foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
STEP 9: Remove from the oven and let the dish rest for 5 minutes before serving. Feel free to garnish with chopped green onions.
🥗What to serve with this Crack Chicken Recipe
If you are looking to keep this keto friendly:
- riced cauliflower
- mashed cauliflower
If you have no dietary restrictions:
I hope you enjoy this keto chicken casserole and check out our other keto friendly recipes.
Tip 1: Instead of using pre-shredded packaged cheese, you can grate your own from a block of cheddar. This results in a gooier, stretchier cheese.
Tip 2: If you would like to add some more veggies to this dish, spinach or mushrooms would work well.
What kind of baking dish do I need for this chicken casserole?
For this recipe, you will need an 8x8 casserole dish.
What kind of chicken do you use for this chicken recipe?
I used chicken breast for this recipe, but boneless chicken thighs would work as well. Simply cook them and cut them into cubes. You can also use rotisserie chicken if you are looking for a quick and easy shortcut.
What kind of ranch dressing should I use for this keto chicken casserole?
How do I store this casserole?
You can store the leftovers for 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge. You can freeze this crack chicken casserole recipe for 2 months in a well-sealed freezer container.
📉Get Your Own Keto Trackers
To make sticking to a keto diet easier, check out these Keto Weight Loss Tracker Printables. It is a 100 day Keto Challenge to keep you motivated and on track.
🌟If you try this recipe, leave a star rating below or a review in the comment section. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to get my latest recipes! When you sign up you get The 5 Essential Recipes All Busy Moms Need.
Crack Chicken Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook chicken and cut into cubes.
- Place chicken into the bottom of an 8x8 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle half of the cooked and chopped bacon on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the diced onion on top of the bacon in the pan.
- Cover with ½ cup of shredded cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, cream, sour cream, and ranch dressing.
- Pour over the chicken and bacon.
- Top with the remainder of cheese and bacon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cover with foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Instead of using pre-shredded packaged cheese, you can grate your own from a block of cheddar. This results in a gooier, stretchier cheese.
- If you would like to add some more veggies to this dish, spinach or mushrooms would work well.