Just because you're on a Keto diet, doesn't mean you have to give up all of your favorite foods. Take for example, this Keto Chinese Chicken and Broccoli dish. It has all the flavors you love, with only 4 net carbs per serving. And if that isn't enough, the whole thing is ready and just 30 minutes. It really doesn't get any better than this if you are on a keto or low carb diet!
Why this recipe works
- A quick and easy low carb dinner that tastes amazing
- Chicken, broccoli, garlic and sesame seeds cooked in a delicious Chinese inspired sauce
- Enjoy take out flavor with none of the guilt
● Soy sauce
●Swerve brown sugar substitute (I prefer this to Stevia)
● Minced garlic
● Ginger paste
● Sesame seeds
● Xanthan gum (optional)
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB CHINESE CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI
Heat the sesame and olive oils in a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove. Add the chicken to the heated pan, and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until completely cooked through and browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm. You can also use a wok if you have one.
Add the broccoli florets to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium, and cover to steam until the broccoli is cooked to your liking.
CAN I USE FROZEN BROCCOLI IN THIS CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI RECIPE?
You can make this with frozen broccoli, but it needs to be completely thawed to make sure it doesn't add any extra water to the recipe. I prefer making this with fresh broccoli.
Add the chicken back to the skillet with the broccoli.
In a bowl, mix together the chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar substitute, minced garlic and ginger paste until well combined.
Pour the sauce mixture over the broccoli and chicken and toss to coat. If you would like a thicker sauce, sprinkle the xanthan gum into the sauce and stir before pouring into the skillet.
Cook for a few more minutes to allow the flavor to soak into the chicken and broccoli.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
This keto chicken stir fry looks just as good as broccoli chicken you would get at your favorite take out restaurant, with a fraction of the carbs.
Try this keto stir fry recipe yourself and see if you don't agree. Also, check out our other keto and low carb recipes.
Keto Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 cups Raw broccoli florets
- ½ teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ¼ cup Chicken broth
- ½ cup Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon Swerve brown sugar substitute
- 3 teaspoon Minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Xanthan gum optional
- Heat the sesame and olive oils in a skillet over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add the chicken to the heated skillet, and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until completely cooked through and browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add the broccoli florets to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium, and cover to steam until the broccoli is cooked to your liking.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet with the broccoli.
- In a bowl, mix together the chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar substitute, minced garlic and ginger paste until well combined.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the broccoli and chicken and toss to coat.
- If you would like a thicker sauce, sprinkle the xanthan gum into the sauce and stir before pouring into the skillet.
- Cook for a few more minutes to allow the flavor to soak into the chicken and broccoli.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
This nutritional information is approximate and was calculated using online calculators. Your nutritional information may vary depending on numerous factors.
Frequently asked questions
This works great served over riced cauliflower which you can buy pre-made in the freezer section of your grocery store. Be sure to adjust the carbs if you serve this with cauliflower rice.
You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for 2 days, but the broccoli will not have the same bite to it when reheated.
I love the Swerve line of products and Swerve brown sugar substitute is no exception. It tastes great and has no bitter aftertaste.
Get your own Keto Trackers
To make sticking to a keto diet easier, check out these Keto Weight Loss Tracker Printables. It is a 100 day Keto Challenge to keep you motivated and on track.
HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT BUTCHER BOX?
They deliver 100% grass-fed beef; free-range organic chicken; heritage-breed pork, wild-caught seafood, and more directly to your door. Butcher Box brings you the healthiest, highest quality meat while causing as little harm as they can to the environment. They work directly with a group of family farms to get you the best meat out there. You choose your box and delivery frequency and get free shipping.
You could go around town looking for the best deal, but the quality of the meats and the sourcing won’t be the same. Check it out here and see if it’s for you!